Fees & Registration
Specialty Coding Professional exam (SCP) — $259.00
Advanced Coding Specialist exam (ACS) — $325.00
Certified Compliance Professional - Physician exam (CCP-P) — $259.00
Home Care Coding Specialist - Diagnosis exam (HCS-D) — $299.00 (This includes a one year membership in the Association of Home Care Coding & Compliance.)
Home Care Clinical Specialist - OASIS exam (HCS-O) — $299.00 (This includes a one year membership in the Association of Home Care Coding & Compliance.)
To register to take your specialty coding or compliance certification exam, you can register online or download the registration form (.pdf) and fax it to BMSC at 301-287-2535.
Registration fee covers the examination and credentialing by the Board of Medical Specialty Coding and Compliance.
- Receive a certificate of recognition of your status as a Specialty Coding Professional (SCP) or an Advanced Coding Specialist (ACS) in your relevant specialty, Certified Compliance Professional-Physician (CCP-P), Home Care Clinical Specialist-OASIS (HCS-O) or Home Care Coding Specialist-Diagnosis (HCS-D).
- Receive a credential lapel pin.
- Will be listed in our Certified Coder Directory.
- May, at your discretion, have your supervisor officially notified of your achievement by BMSC.
- Receive an invitation to re-take your examination one additional time, for no additional fee, within 90 days of your receipt of your results letter. Please download the re-take form here.
- May take the exam for a third time at a discounted price as long as proper registration form is submitted within 30 days of 2nd attempt. Discounted registration form may be requested via phone, email or you can download the registration form and fax it to 1-301-287-2535.
Learn more about BMSC’s renewal process
BMSC exams can be taken in many ways, you can choose whichever is convenient for you. We offer exams at selected in-person conferences and online at your office with a proctor of your choice.
Many candidates like to attend in-person conferences or educational events to ensure that they have the knowledge needed to take a BMSC certification exam. Find an upcoming live conference.
To take your test online, you will be using our Individual Proctoring Protocol, which allows you to take the exam under the supervision of a proctor. If you would like to take the compliance or specialty coding certification exam online, click here.
To register to take your certification exam, you can register online or
download the registration form (.pdf) and fax it to BMSC at 301-287-2535.